Pages Of Power 4
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Worst Film Of...
Christmas Crackers...or Turkeys EmptyMon Apr 15, 2024 4:32 pm by Jinks

» Rate the last film the above user watched.
Christmas Crackers...or Turkeys EmptyMon Apr 15, 2024 4:29 pm by Jinks

» Getting to know you
Christmas Crackers...or Turkeys EmptyMon Apr 15, 2024 2:14 pm by Jinks

» This or That
Christmas Crackers...or Turkeys EmptyMon Apr 15, 2024 2:12 pm by Jinks

» Favourite Song Of
Christmas Crackers...or Turkeys EmptySun Mar 24, 2024 6:49 pm by Donald McKinney

» Same TV Show/actor/director: Part 2
Christmas Crackers...or Turkeys EmptySun Mar 24, 2024 6:47 pm by Donald McKinney

» Same Movie & Actor/Director: Part IV - The Final Chapter
Christmas Crackers...or Turkeys EmptySun Mar 24, 2024 6:44 pm by Donald McKinney

» The Pointless Movie Game
Christmas Crackers...or Turkeys EmptySun Mar 24, 2024 6:44 pm by Donald McKinney

» Four Letter Word Game
Christmas Crackers...or Turkeys EmptySun Mar 24, 2024 6:43 pm by Donald McKinney

Christmas Crackers...or Turkeys

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Silver
Warlord Of Hobbiton
Silver

Christmas Crackers...or Turkeys Empty
PostSubject: Christmas Crackers...or Turkeys   Christmas Crackers...or Turkeys EmptySun Nov 02, 2008 9:53 pm

I love Christmas. And I love Christmas movies. Really, I’d like to save them for December but that’s just not enough time to fit them all in. So my girlfriend and I started the festive film season this weekend!

Actually a few weeks ago we watched Home Alone and Home Alone 2. Childhood favourites, not really about Christmas but set in December so they count! Seen them both loads of times but still an enjoyable watch. Also set at Christmas is The Holiday. My second view of this and I liked it more this time. Kate Winslet and Jack Black outshine Cameron Diaz and Jude Law for me in the four leading roles but Eli Wallach is even better.

Onto the real Christmas stuff then. Deck The Halls sees Danny DeVito and Matthew Broderick as feuding neighbours, as DeVito attempts to get enough lights on his house so that it can be viewed from space. Likeable enough and a cool role for Lost’s Jorge Garcia. The Polar Express looks very good but both times now I’ve seen and been a bit disappointed. Maybe I just don’t like trains enough. Rounded off today with Prancer. Sam Elliot and future Jurassic Park star Ariana Richards head the cast as a young girl finds a reindeer she thinks is one of Santa’s. A bit slow this one, not one of my favourites.

So what are everybody’s favourites? What ones do you watch every year? Any you hate?
Back to top Go down
Gimli The Avenger
Admin
Admin
Gimli The Avenger

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Crackers...or Turkeys   Christmas Crackers...or Turkeys EmptyMon Nov 03, 2008 3:32 am

For no other reason than they were originally released at the time, the LOTR films are a seasonal favourite for my sister and I, usually at the the end of November.

There aren't really that many Christmas films at all that get an airing every year. In fact, the only one I can think of is Muppet Christmas Carol. Best version of a classic tale, that'll be watched come December. Maybe It's A Wonderful Life as well. James Stewart gives the best performances I've ever seen, but I've seen it twice in recent years and I don't want to over do it.

It's been about 3 years since I saw The Poler Express. I loved it, might watch that again as well.
Back to top Go down
Jinks
Admin
Admin
Jinks

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Crackers...or Turkeys   Christmas Crackers...or Turkeys EmptyTue Nov 11, 2008 12:26 pm

Well my favourite Christmas films have to be:

Die Hard and Bad Santa - absolutely love em!
Back to top Go down
https://pagesofpower4.forumotion.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Crackers...or Turkeys   Christmas Crackers...or Turkeys Empty

Back to top Go down

Christmas Crackers...or Turkeys
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pages Of Power 4 :: Entertainment :: Film-
Jump to: