Pages Of Power 4
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» This or That
To Infinity and Beyond! - The Pixar thread! - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 24, 2024 6:51 pm by Donald McKinney

» Getting to know you
To Infinity and Beyond! - The Pixar thread! - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 24, 2024 6:50 pm by Donald McKinney

» Favourite Song Of
To Infinity and Beyond! - The Pixar thread! - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 24, 2024 6:49 pm by Donald McKinney

» Same TV Show/actor/director: Part 2
To Infinity and Beyond! - The Pixar thread! - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 24, 2024 6:47 pm by Donald McKinney

» Same Movie & Actor/Director: Part IV - The Final Chapter
To Infinity and Beyond! - The Pixar thread! - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 24, 2024 6:44 pm by Donald McKinney

» The Pointless Movie Game
To Infinity and Beyond! - The Pixar thread! - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 24, 2024 6:44 pm by Donald McKinney

» Four Letter Word Game
To Infinity and Beyond! - The Pixar thread! - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 24, 2024 6:43 pm by Donald McKinney

» Favourite Film Of
To Infinity and Beyond! - The Pixar thread! - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 24, 2024 6:42 pm by Donald McKinney

» Word Association
To Infinity and Beyond! - The Pixar thread! - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 24, 2024 6:42 pm by Donald McKinney

To Infinity and Beyond! - The Pixar thread!

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Gimli The Avenger
Admin
Admin
Gimli The Avenger

To Infinity and Beyond! - The Pixar thread! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: To Infinity and Beyond! - The Pixar thread!   To Infinity and Beyond! - The Pixar thread! - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 17, 2010 7:07 am

Silver wrote:

I got the DVD for xmas and having watched it the other night it's a great way to spend an hour!

Bought this myself today. Nice to have them all in one collection, and it'll be a chance to finally see The Adventures of André and Wally B!

Anyone been lucky enough to see Toy Story 3 yet?
Back to top Go down
Gimli The Avenger
Admin
Admin
Gimli The Avenger

PostSubject: Re: To Infinity and Beyond! - The Pixar thread!   To Infinity and Beyond! - The Pixar thread! - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 18, 2010 9:33 am

And now I've seen them, plus all the ones since that compilation. Here's what I think!

I've never seen The Adventures of André and Wally B. Humorous enough but lacks the charm of later efforts, but important in animation terms. Luxo Jr. is brilliant. It's easy to see why the little fella became their logo and the level of anthropomorphism is incredible. He reminds me of Stan Laurel. Forget Jessie's Song from Toy Story 2, it can take a running jump. Red's Dream was the the saddest thing Pixar ever did, until Up came along anyway. If I can feel sorry for a unicycle, something's being done right. Tin Toy is my least favourite of the lot, despite the quite agreeable soldier on show. Knick Knack is hilarious, there's something demonic about that snowman. Geri's Game is tonnes of fun, especially the way in which he plays both personalities differently. For The Birds is a masterpiece. Maybe the most perfect 3 minutes of film ever made. Mike's New Car, the first spin-off, almost matches the feature film for ingenuity. The phone call gag cracks me up every time. Boundin' has never been a favourite of mine, but it grows with each rewatch. I particularly enjoy the snake getting snowed under as winter comes. One Man Band is a one that I always tend to overlook until I see it again. The battling musicians and their constant one-upmanship is a joy. Jack-Jack Attack is one that goes down with every rewatch, but the moment when he first bursts into flames is superb. As much as I adore Cars, Mater and the Ghostlight isn't brilliant. A one-joke cartoon that runs its course quite quickly, but the final 10 seconds more than helps to redeem it. Lifted has me laughing just thinking about it. Your Friend the Rat with it's refreshingly different animation styles is an odd little wonder, and it reminds me a lot of the Bob Hale reports on the Horrible Histories TV show (if you don't know what I mean, youtube it). Presto whips by so fast, I have to rewatch it to get all the gags. A nice tribute to the 'toons of old and side-splittingly funny. I love the fact that BURN-E run concurrently with major events from Wall-E and, much like it's parent film, it's pretty much perfect, the blast of Ode to Joy the icing on the cake. Partly Cloudy is one of the sweetest, most feel-good things I've ever seen and I adore it. Dug's Special Mission takes one of the best characters from Up and gives him a promising short, but one that can't match the feature film and finally, George & A.J. sees a storyboard style cartoon featuring the two nurses from Up, having trouble transporting elderly folk to Shady Oaks due to their desire to imitate Carl Fredricksen with daring bids for freedom. One part is particular had me laughing out loud, but it somehow feels like a tacky cash-in to a great film.

I'd place them in this order, different to my post earlier in the year

For the Birds
Presto
Partly Cloudy
Lifted
BURN-E
Mike's New Car
Your Friend the Rat
Luxo Jr.
One Man Band
Red's Dream
Geri's Game
Knick Knack
Dug's Special Mission
Boundin'
Mater and the Ghostlight
George & A.J.
Jack-Jack Attack
The Adventures of André and Wally B
Tin Toy

A few blips overall, but awesome for the most part. I love Pixar Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Silver
Warlord Of Hobbiton
Silver

PostSubject: Re: To Infinity and Beyond! - The Pixar thread!   To Infinity and Beyond! - The Pixar thread! - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 18, 2010 4:41 pm

Has the DVD been updated with the newer ones? Mine only goes up to Lifted.
Back to top Go down
Gimli The Avenger
Admin
Admin
Gimli The Avenger

PostSubject: Re: To Infinity and Beyond! - The Pixar thread!   To Infinity and Beyond! - The Pixar thread! - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 2:04 am

Mine's the same, but the rest are featured on the the Rataouille, Wall-E and Up dvds, and George & AJ is on youtube. Once I'd seen the Shorts DVD I wanted to continue Very Happy
Back to top Go down
JD
Massive Supreme Being!
Massive Supreme Being!
JD

PostSubject: Re: To Infinity and Beyond! - The Pixar thread!   To Infinity and Beyond! - The Pixar thread! - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 10:37 am

Their new one Night and Day is a simplistic marvellous joy... no dialogue, brilliant animation techniques and very cute... a bit like Knick Knack Cool
Back to top Go down
Gimli The Avenger
Admin
Admin
Gimli The Avenger

PostSubject: Re: To Infinity and Beyond! - The Pixar thread!   To Infinity and Beyond! - The Pixar thread! - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 10:42 am

Wooohoooo! JD!!!!!

Can't wait to see Night and Day!
Back to top Go down
JD
Massive Supreme Being!
Massive Supreme Being!
JD

PostSubject: Re: To Infinity and Beyond! - The Pixar thread!   To Infinity and Beyond! - The Pixar thread! - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 11:18 am

It's so unique and lovely, hope you enjoy it! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Silver
Warlord Of Hobbiton
Silver

PostSubject: Re: To Infinity and Beyond! - The Pixar thread!   To Infinity and Beyond! - The Pixar thread! - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 25, 2010 8:17 pm

I thought the short was a bit disappointing, but never mind the main feature made up for. Toy Story 3 was so so good. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Donald McKinney
Admin
Admin
Donald McKinney

PostSubject: Re: To Infinity and Beyond! - The Pixar thread!   To Infinity and Beyond! - The Pixar thread! - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 6:47 pm

I thought Day and Night was sweet, and Toy Story 3 was amazing!! I was in tears by the end of it!!
Back to top Go down
Gimli The Avenger
Admin
Admin
Gimli The Avenger

PostSubject: Re: To Infinity and Beyond! - The Pixar thread!   To Infinity and Beyond! - The Pixar thread! - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 7:13 am

I still haven't seen it

All this talk of tears though, I guess I'd better take some tissues. Though I also guess it won't hit me as hard as LOTR does.
Back to top Go down
Donald McKinney
Admin
Admin
Donald McKinney

PostSubject: Re: To Infinity and Beyond! - The Pixar thread!   To Infinity and Beyond! - The Pixar thread! - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 8:15 am

Oh, you'll be surprised. Make sure you see it soon!!
Back to top Go down
Gimli The Avenger
Admin
Admin
Gimli The Avenger

PostSubject: Re: To Infinity and Beyond! - The Pixar thread!   To Infinity and Beyond! - The Pixar thread! - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 7:31 am

I've now seen it!!

It was a mixture of steve and Laughing and Sad and lol! and No and cheers

Brilliant.
Back to top Go down
Donald McKinney
Admin
Admin
Donald McKinney

PostSubject: Re: To Infinity and Beyond! - The Pixar thread!   To Infinity and Beyond! - The Pixar thread! - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 9:14 pm

I felt the same way too. One minute you were in tears, the next you were laughing. Pixar are good at that.
Back to top Go down
Gimli The Avenger
Admin
Admin
Gimli The Avenger

PostSubject: Re: To Infinity and Beyond! - The Pixar thread!   To Infinity and Beyond! - The Pixar thread! - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 23, 2010 6:18 am

Teaser for Cars II

Back to top Go down
Donald McKinney
Admin
Admin
Donald McKinney

PostSubject: Re: To Infinity and Beyond! - The Pixar thread!   To Infinity and Beyond! - The Pixar thread! - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 23, 2010 7:42 am

I never saw the first Cars film, I don't know why...
Back to top Go down
Gimli The Avenger
Admin
Admin
Gimli The Avenger

PostSubject: Re: To Infinity and Beyond! - The Pixar thread!   To Infinity and Beyond! - The Pixar thread! - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 23, 2010 10:30 am

Donald McKinney wrote:
I never saw the first Cars film, I don't know why...

To Infinity and Beyond! - The Pixar thread! - Page 2 Sutherland

See it. Right now. This very instant! I know it 's often classed as their weakest film but I love it!
Back to top Go down
Donald McKinney
Admin
Admin
Donald McKinney

PostSubject: Re: To Infinity and Beyond! - The Pixar thread!   To Infinity and Beyond! - The Pixar thread! - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 11:17 pm

OK, OK, I will. Sorry, it's just around the time it came out, alot went on in my life. Hell, I didn't go to the cinema for weeks around that time. Shocked
Back to top Go down
Gimli The Avenger
Admin
Admin
Gimli The Avenger

PostSubject: Re: To Infinity and Beyond! - The Pixar thread!   To Infinity and Beyond! - The Pixar thread! - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 28, 2010 1:53 am

I'll let you off! But try and see it before the second one comes out!!
Back to top Go down
Donald McKinney
Admin
Admin
Donald McKinney

PostSubject: Re: To Infinity and Beyond! - The Pixar thread!   To Infinity and Beyond! - The Pixar thread! - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 28, 2010 4:15 pm

I don't know why I didn't, I know Clarkson lent his voice to the UK version. Razz
Back to top Go down
Gimli The Avenger
Admin
Admin
Gimli The Avenger

PostSubject: Re: To Infinity and Beyond! - The Pixar thread!   To Infinity and Beyond! - The Pixar thread! - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 7:29 am

Back to top Go down
Donald McKinney
Admin
Admin
Donald McKinney

PostSubject: Re: To Infinity and Beyond! - The Pixar thread!   To Infinity and Beyond! - The Pixar thread! - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 9:11 am

I meant to watch the first one over the Christmas period, but other films got in the way.
Back to top Go down
Gimli The Avenger
Admin
Admin
Gimli The Avenger

PostSubject: Re: To Infinity and Beyond! - The Pixar thread!   To Infinity and Beyond! - The Pixar thread! - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 10:19 am

angrymob angrymob angrymob angrymob

Get it watched!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Donald McKinney
Admin
Admin
Donald McKinney

PostSubject: Re: To Infinity and Beyond! - The Pixar thread!   To Infinity and Beyond! - The Pixar thread! - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 11:17 am

"Calm down dear!! It's just a film!!" Very Happy

To Infinity and Beyond! - The Pixar thread! - Page 2 Swa6ti
Back to top Go down
Gimli The Avenger
Admin
Admin
Gimli The Avenger

PostSubject: Re: To Infinity and Beyond! - The Pixar thread!   To Infinity and Beyond! - The Pixar thread! - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 10, 2011 5:40 am

Laughing Laughing

Did anyone see the documentary over Christmas about Pixar, 25 Magic Moments. I'm watching it now. Good, but the narrator is sooooooooooo annoying.
Back to top Go down
Donald McKinney
Admin
Admin
Donald McKinney

PostSubject: Re: To Infinity and Beyond! - The Pixar thread!   To Infinity and Beyond! - The Pixar thread! - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 11:26 pm

Well, good news!! Very Happy I've FINALLY seen Cars, and you were right Gimli. It's not as bad as what some people make out, in fact, it's one of their most beautiful films, the detail and colours are stunning, and it is funny and moving. The racing scenes are realistic too. Only little niggle is that it's a little long for it's own good. But, I'm still glad to have seen it finally!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: To Infinity and Beyond! - The Pixar thread!   To Infinity and Beyond! - The Pixar thread! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

To Infinity and Beyond! - The Pixar thread!
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next