Pages Of Power 4
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» This or That
Rate the last film the above user watched. - Page 7 EmptySun Mar 24, 2024 6:51 pm by Donald McKinney

» Getting to know you
Rate the last film the above user watched. - Page 7 EmptySun Mar 24, 2024 6:50 pm by Donald McKinney

» Favourite Song Of
Rate the last film the above user watched. - Page 7 EmptySun Mar 24, 2024 6:49 pm by Donald McKinney

» Same TV Show/actor/director: Part 2
Rate the last film the above user watched. - Page 7 EmptySun Mar 24, 2024 6:47 pm by Donald McKinney

» Same Movie & Actor/Director: Part IV - The Final Chapter
Rate the last film the above user watched. - Page 7 EmptySun Mar 24, 2024 6:44 pm by Donald McKinney

» The Pointless Movie Game
Rate the last film the above user watched. - Page 7 EmptySun Mar 24, 2024 6:44 pm by Donald McKinney

» Four Letter Word Game
Rate the last film the above user watched. - Page 7 EmptySun Mar 24, 2024 6:43 pm by Donald McKinney

» Favourite Film Of
Rate the last film the above user watched. - Page 7 EmptySun Mar 24, 2024 6:42 pm by Donald McKinney

» Word Association
Rate the last film the above user watched. - Page 7 EmptySun Mar 24, 2024 6:42 pm by Donald McKinney

Rate the last film the above user watched.

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
Peregrin Took
Admin
Admin
Peregrin Took

Rate the last film the above user watched. - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rate the last film the above user watched.   Rate the last film the above user watched. - Page 7 EmptyWed Jan 24, 2018 10:38 pm

I haven't seen that one.

Coco

Back to top Go down
Gimli The Avenger
Admin
Admin
Gimli The Avenger

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last film the above user watched.   Rate the last film the above user watched. - Page 7 EmptySun Jan 28, 2018 11:54 am

Absolutely loved it and I cried more than once - 5/5

Coco
Back to top Go down
Peregrin Took
Admin
Admin
Peregrin Took

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last film the above user watched.   Rate the last film the above user watched. - Page 7 EmptyTue Jan 30, 2018 12:24 am

Quite possibly the best thing Pixar have ever done. Beautiful. I'm looking forward to seeing it again, and I'll certainly add it to my collection when it's released on disc. 5/5

The Four Horsemen Of The Apocalypse
Back to top Go down
Gimli The Avenger
Admin
Admin
Gimli The Avenger

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last film the above user watched.   Rate the last film the above user watched. - Page 7 EmptyFri Feb 02, 2018 12:03 pm

Not seen that

Jumanji: Welcome To The Jungle
Back to top Go down
Peregrin Took
Admin
Admin
Peregrin Took

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last film the above user watched.   Rate the last film the above user watched. - Page 7 EmptySat Feb 03, 2018 8:00 pm

I took my Godson to see it. He loved it - I didn't.

Bitter Rice
Back to top Go down
Gimli The Avenger
Admin
Admin
Gimli The Avenger

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last film the above user watched.   Rate the last film the above user watched. - Page 7 EmptyFri Feb 09, 2018 11:15 am

One I need to see

Darkest Hour
Back to top Go down
Peregrin Took
Admin
Admin
Peregrin Took

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last film the above user watched.   Rate the last film the above user watched. - Page 7 EmptySat Feb 10, 2018 8:11 pm

The performances make it. 4/5

Rear Window
Back to top Go down
Gimli The Avenger
Admin
Admin
Gimli The Avenger

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last film the above user watched.   Rate the last film the above user watched. - Page 7 EmptyWed Feb 14, 2018 10:48 am

Just brilliant - 5/5

Phantom Thread
Back to top Go down
Peregrin Took
Admin
Admin
Peregrin Took

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last film the above user watched.   Rate the last film the above user watched. - Page 7 EmptySat Feb 17, 2018 12:51 am

I commented some time ago that I had yet to see a film directed by Anderson that I hadn't loathed. After enduring two hours + of bum-numbing boredom watching Phantom Thread, I see no reason to revise my opinion. 0/5

Call Me By Your Name
Back to top Go down
Gimli The Avenger
Admin
Admin
Gimli The Avenger

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last film the above user watched.   Rate the last film the above user watched. - Page 7 EmptyThu Feb 22, 2018 3:28 pm

Not sure if that's opened here yet. If it has it missed my local cinemas completely

Early Man

Back to top Go down
Peregrin Took
Admin
Admin
Peregrin Took

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last film the above user watched.   Rate the last film the above user watched. - Page 7 EmptySat Feb 24, 2018 10:36 pm

Looking forward to seeing it.

The Hunchback Of Notre Dame (Lon Chaney)
Back to top Go down
Gimli The Avenger
Admin
Admin
Gimli The Avenger

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last film the above user watched.   Rate the last film the above user watched. - Page 7 EmptyFri Mar 09, 2018 10:29 am

Not seen that in yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeears. I think i liked it

Black Panther

(sorry for not being around much recently. Internet troubles and generally being busy. Hopefully be back more from next week)
Back to top Go down
Peregrin Took
Admin
Admin
Peregrin Took

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last film the above user watched.   Rate the last film the above user watched. - Page 7 EmptyFri Mar 09, 2018 10:35 pm

Exceptional. It actually lives up to its hype, and then some. 5/5

Also Black Panther

(Good to have you back. Hope your internet problems have been fixed.)
Back to top Go down
Gimli The Avenger
Admin
Admin
Gimli The Avenger

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last film the above user watched.   Rate the last film the above user watched. - Page 7 EmptyTue Mar 13, 2018 12:07 am

I liked it a lot. Not my favourite Marvel film but it's up there - 4/5

The Shape Of Water
Back to top Go down
Peregrin Took
Admin
Admin
Peregrin Took

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last film the above user watched.   Rate the last film the above user watched. - Page 7 EmptyThu Mar 15, 2018 12:58 am

Visually impressive, and Sally Hawkins, as always, is excellent, but I found it all rather ho-hum. Not one I'd bother to see again. 3/5

La Beaute Du Diable
Back to top Go down
Gimli The Avenger
Admin
Admin
Gimli The Avenger

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last film the above user watched.   Rate the last film the above user watched. - Page 7 EmptyThu Mar 15, 2018 11:27 am

On my "to see" list

The Great Wall
Back to top Go down
Peregrin Took
Admin
Admin
Peregrin Took

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last film the above user watched.   Rate the last film the above user watched. - Page 7 EmptySat Mar 17, 2018 8:12 pm

Not Zhang Yimou's finest hour. 2/5 mainly for the impressive visuals.

Le Million
Back to top Go down
Gimli The Avenger
Admin
Admin
Gimli The Avenger

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last film the above user watched.   Rate the last film the above user watched. - Page 7 EmptyWed Mar 21, 2018 9:56 am

Another I've not seen

Quatermass and the Pit
Back to top Go down
Peregrin Took
Admin
Admin
Peregrin Took

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last film the above user watched.   Rate the last film the above user watched. - Page 7 EmptyThu Mar 22, 2018 5:21 am

It's been so long, I barely remember it.

Wild River
Back to top Go down
Donald McKinney
Admin
Admin
Donald McKinney

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last film the above user watched.   Rate the last film the above user watched. - Page 7 EmptyThu Mar 22, 2018 9:20 pm

Not seen that one.

Wonder Wheel
Back to top Go down
Peregrin Took
Admin
Admin
Peregrin Took

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last film the above user watched.   Rate the last film the above user watched. - Page 7 EmptySat Mar 24, 2018 4:10 am

Not one of Woody's better films, but not deserving of all the hate that's been thrown at it. 3/5

(I can't help wondering how much of that is due to all of the "Me Too" bullshit that's been in our faces for the last few months. It now seems to be developing into a witch hunt, where anyone is fair game and noone is prepared to say anything for fear of being branded sexist.)

A Face In The Crowd
Back to top Go down
Donald McKinney
Admin
Admin
Donald McKinney

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last film the above user watched.   Rate the last film the above user watched. - Page 7 EmptyFri Mar 30, 2018 10:57 pm

Not seen A Face in the Crowd

Ready Player One

P.S. Peregrin. An unfortunate side-effect of the 'me too' and 'time's up' phenomenon is that anyone who would prefer not to rush to judgement, to take each accusation on a case by case basis and adhere to the principle of presuming innocence until guilt has been proven, is now considered to be the scum of the earth. If you do not instantly unquestioningly believe everyone who accuses anyone else of sexual assault, then you are deemed complicit in abuse and publicly shamed for committing the cardinal sin of trying to be reasonable and rational!

What we are seeing here is an outbreak of mass hysteria, and in the case of the celebrities denouncing Woody Allen, a parade of cowardly hypocrites. Happy to work for him and turn a blind eye to any controversial claims to reap the benefits to their careers, but when it suddenly becomes unfashionable to be associated with him they throw him under the bus to save their reputations. It's totally baffling that anyone could possibly believe any of these allegations if they actually read beyond the headlines and went through all the counter-arguments collected by Bob Weide. But they don't want to - they just want to jump on the bandwagon and be perceived to be one of the good guys, even if what they're actually doing is appalling. Even poor Terry Gilliam has been thrown under the bus for his comments criticising the whole movement, even if the backlash has proven his point, although he could have chosen his words with a little more tact. Wink
Back to top Go down
Peregrin Took
Admin
Admin
Peregrin Took

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last film the above user watched.   Rate the last film the above user watched. - Page 7 EmptyWed Apr 04, 2018 1:21 am

I haven't made up my mind whether I'll see it or not. On balance, probably not.

Foreign Correspondent

(Donald:- You are unquestionably right. It smacks of the worst excesses of the McCarthy era. The abject cowardice being shown by so many who should be standing up for the forces of reason and common sense is frankly beneath contempt, obvious to anyone who watched this year's Oscar ceremony.
Surely the hard line feminists who are currently leading the charge to vilify and pillory anyone who dares to deviate from their narrow-minded, mean spirited viewpoint must realise that their behaviour is, in the long run, going to do their cause far more harm than good. Let's not forget that when McCarthy fell from grace it was a very long fall. In the meantime, I'm coming more and more around to the opinion that James Thurber was not too far from the truth when he wrote that "A woman's place is in the wrong".)
Back to top Go down
Gimli The Avenger
Admin
Admin
Gimli The Avenger

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last film the above user watched.   Rate the last film the above user watched. - Page 7 EmptyThu Apr 19, 2018 9:48 am

Great Hitchcock - 4/5

Ready Player One
Back to top Go down
Peregrin Took
Admin
Admin
Peregrin Took

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last film the above user watched.   Rate the last film the above user watched. - Page 7 EmptyWed May 16, 2018 5:29 am

Not really interested in seeing it.

Radio Days
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last film the above user watched.   Rate the last film the above user watched. - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

Rate the last film the above user watched.
Page 7 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10 ... 14  Next