Pages Of Power 4
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Worst Film Of...
Rate the last film the above user watched. - Page 12 EmptyMon Apr 15, 2024 4:32 pm by Jinks

» Rate the last film the above user watched.
Rate the last film the above user watched. - Page 12 EmptyMon Apr 15, 2024 4:29 pm by Jinks

» Getting to know you
Rate the last film the above user watched. - Page 12 EmptyMon Apr 15, 2024 2:14 pm by Jinks

» This or That
Rate the last film the above user watched. - Page 12 EmptyMon Apr 15, 2024 2:12 pm by Jinks

» Favourite Song Of
Rate the last film the above user watched. - Page 12 EmptySun Mar 24, 2024 6:49 pm by Donald McKinney

» Same TV Show/actor/director: Part 2
Rate the last film the above user watched. - Page 12 EmptySun Mar 24, 2024 6:47 pm by Donald McKinney

» Same Movie & Actor/Director: Part IV - The Final Chapter
Rate the last film the above user watched. - Page 12 EmptySun Mar 24, 2024 6:44 pm by Donald McKinney

» The Pointless Movie Game
Rate the last film the above user watched. - Page 12 EmptySun Mar 24, 2024 6:44 pm by Donald McKinney

» Four Letter Word Game
Rate the last film the above user watched. - Page 12 EmptySun Mar 24, 2024 6:43 pm by Donald McKinney

Rate the last film the above user watched.

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
AuthorMessage
Peregrin Took
Admin
Admin
Peregrin Took

Rate the last film the above user watched. - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rate the last film the above user watched.   Rate the last film the above user watched. - Page 12 EmptyWed Oct 30, 2019 4:04 am

Sidney Lumet's version was infinitely better. Very disappointing. 2/5

Dr. No
Back to top Go down
Gimli The Avenger
Admin
Admin
Gimli The Avenger

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last film the above user watched.   Rate the last film the above user watched. - Page 12 EmptySun Nov 03, 2019 11:15 am

Not my fave in the series but a good start - 4/5

Terminator: Dark Fate
Back to top Go down
Peregrin Took
Admin
Admin
Peregrin Took

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last film the above user watched.   Rate the last film the above user watched. - Page 12 EmptyThu Nov 07, 2019 11:39 pm

I went with a friend. When it was over he said "It's dead. Why couldn't they let it rest in peace?" I agree with him. 2/5, and I'm being generous.

Son Of Ali Baba (Yet another guilty pleasure. Brings back fond memories of Saturday children's matinees.)
Back to top Go down
Gimli The Avenger
Admin
Admin
Gimli The Avenger

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last film the above user watched.   Rate the last film the above user watched. - Page 12 EmptyThu Nov 14, 2019 2:37 pm

I have the very faintest memory of it

The Predator pale
Back to top Go down
Peregrin Took
Admin
Admin
Peregrin Took

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last film the above user watched.   Rate the last film the above user watched. - Page 12 EmptyFri Nov 15, 2019 1:58 am

One I'll be avoiding. (From the sad face, I'd guess you weren't bowled over by it.)

Tea With The Dames
Back to top Go down
Gimli The Avenger
Admin
Admin
Gimli The Avenger

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last film the above user watched.   Rate the last film the above user watched. - Page 12 EmptyWed Nov 20, 2019 11:50 pm

(The Predator was just a mess)

Not heard of Tea With The Dames

A double bill of Midway and Joker.
Back to top Go down
Peregrin Took
Admin
Admin
Peregrin Took

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last film the above user watched.   Rate the last film the above user watched. - Page 12 EmptyThu Nov 21, 2019 9:24 pm

Gimli The Avenger wrote:

Not heard of Tea With The Dames

It's what the title says; Dames Eileen Atkins, Judi Dench, Joan Plowright and Maggie Smith sit down to tea together and talk about their life and careers. I found it hugely entertaining.

Haven't seen either Midway or Joker.

Law Of Desire
Back to top Go down
Gimli The Avenger
Admin
Admin
Gimli The Avenger

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last film the above user watched.   Rate the last film the above user watched. - Page 12 EmptySat Dec 07, 2019 6:50 am

Another one I've not seen

(I really need to try and watch more films. I used to watch several hundred a year, the past few years and seen around 80 or so, about half of which are cinema visits, so the wealth of breadth of films I see is quite narrow compared to days done past. Up until a few years back we had a service that rented Dvds by post. If it existed on DVD it could be watched so you had basically a limitless supply and variety of films you could see. The service I used is gone now, and the one that remains costs more for fewer films per month so I never signed up to that one. I generally dislike streaming films and there are too many of theme now to try and keep up with, but combined they still don't offer the variety that existed when I could rent them)

Gremlins
Back to top Go down
Peregrin Took
Admin
Admin
Peregrin Took

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last film the above user watched.   Rate the last film the above user watched. - Page 12 EmptySun Dec 08, 2019 11:33 pm

(Like you, the number of films I see now has tapered off considerably from what it used to be. Unfortunately, for health reasons I'm not able to drive now, so my cinema visits are dependent upon whether I can get a lift with a friend. Otherwise, I've got a collection of over 1,000 films which I'm working my way back through, plus there is some good stuff on Netflix and quite a number of classics available on YouTube many of which are free, although some are pay per view.)

Haven't seen Gremlins for yonks. As I recall, it was quite fun.

Knives Out
Back to top Go down
Gimli The Avenger
Admin
Admin
Gimli The Avenger

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last film the above user watched.   Rate the last film the above user watched. - Page 12 EmptyFri Dec 20, 2019 12:41 am

The trailer for Knives Out puts me off it a bit. I may see it in the new year

Star Wars Triple Bill: Force Awakens/Last Jedi. Rise Of Skywalker (a long night at the cinema!)

Back to top Go down
Peregrin Took
Admin
Admin
Peregrin Took

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last film the above user watched.   Rate the last film the above user watched. - Page 12 EmptyMon Dec 23, 2019 9:38 pm

I gave up on Star Wars after The Phantom Menace.

Downton Abbey

PS: Have a very happy Christmas, and all the best for the New Year.

PPS: Don't be put off by the trailer. Knives Out is the best fun I've had at the movies for a while.
Back to top Go down
Gimli The Avenger
Admin
Admin
Gimli The Avenger

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last film the above user watched.   Rate the last film the above user watched. - Page 12 EmptyWed Dec 25, 2019 12:00 am

Not seen Downton Abbey. I've never seen the show!

Muppet Christmas Carol

(Thankyou. Best wishes to you for Christmas and the New Year also)
Back to top Go down
Peregrin Took
Admin
Admin
Peregrin Took

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last film the above user watched.   Rate the last film the above user watched. - Page 12 EmptySat Dec 28, 2019 4:39 am

Delightful.

Marriage Story
Back to top Go down
Gimli The Avenger
Admin
Admin
Gimli The Avenger

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last film the above user watched.   Rate the last film the above user watched. - Page 12 EmptyWed Jan 08, 2020 5:37 am

The trailer just puts me off. It looks like a film I'd hate. Plus I've cancelled my netflix subscription.

Not seen anything new since Star Wars but I am going to try and work through my collection of unseen DVDs this year and I'll probably start with

Tree Of Life
Back to top Go down
Peregrin Took
Admin
Admin
Peregrin Took

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last film the above user watched.   Rate the last film the above user watched. - Page 12 EmptyThu Jan 09, 2020 3:10 am

I've tried three times to watch it and have never got past the first 45 minutes. Excruciatingly boring.

House Of Flying Daggers

Back to top Go down
Gimli The Avenger
Admin
Admin
Gimli The Avenger

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last film the above user watched.   Rate the last film the above user watched. - Page 12 EmptyTue Jan 21, 2020 10:45 am

Only seen it once when it first came out on DVD but I liked it a lot - 4/5

Back to top Go down
Peregrin Took
Admin
Admin
Peregrin Took

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last film the above user watched.   Rate the last film the above user watched. - Page 12 EmptyTue Jan 21, 2020 11:20 pm

It's just opened here. Very mixed reviews. Haven't made my mind up whether I'll see it or not.

The Mummy (The original with Karloff.)
Back to top Go down
Gimli The Avenger
Admin
Admin
Gimli The Avenger

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last film the above user watched.   Rate the last film the above user watched. - Page 12 EmptyThu Jan 23, 2020 12:21 pm

Not my favourite Universal horror but very enjoyable - 4/5

Jumanji: The Next Level
Back to top Go down
Peregrin Took
Admin
Admin
Peregrin Took

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last film the above user watched.   Rate the last film the above user watched. - Page 12 EmptySun Jan 26, 2020 2:44 am

I won't be bothering with that one.

Little Women
Back to top Go down
Gimli The Avenger
Admin
Admin
Gimli The Avenger

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last film the above user watched.   Rate the last film the above user watched. - Page 12 EmptyMon Feb 03, 2020 11:32 pm

Something about the trailer just didn't appeal to me. I'll probably wait until I can rent it

Parasite
Back to top Go down
Peregrin Took
Admin
Admin
Peregrin Took

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last film the above user watched.   Rate the last film the above user watched. - Page 12 EmptyThu Feb 06, 2020 1:42 am

Gimli The Avenger wrote:
Something about the trailer just didn't appeal to me. I'll probably wait until I can rent it.

Despite all the raves from the "me too" brigade in America, I much prefer the 1994 version by Gillian Armstrong.

As for Parasite, I haven't made up my mind whether I want to see it. Judging from the trailer, it doesn't look like one I'd enjoy.

The Birdcage
Back to top Go down
Gimli The Avenger
Admin
Admin
Gimli The Avenger

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last film the above user watched.   Rate the last film the above user watched. - Page 12 EmptyWed Feb 19, 2020 12:34 am

(I really liked Parasite, I can see why it did well at the oscars and am quite happy about it)

Not seen for a while. I remember liking it

Birds of Prey
Back to top Go down
Peregrin Took
Admin
Admin
Peregrin Took

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last film the above user watched.   Rate the last film the above user watched. - Page 12 EmptyFri Feb 21, 2020 2:11 am

A bit of a mess, with some fun bits. 3/5

The Peanut Butter Falcon

(Several of my friends have agreed with you re. Parasite, so I'm going to see it next week.)
Back to top Go down
Gimli The Avenger
Admin
Admin
Gimli The Avenger

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last film the above user watched.   Rate the last film the above user watched. - Page 12 EmptyWed Mar 18, 2020 11:20 pm

Not seen that one

Bad Boys For Life
Back to top Go down
Peregrin Took
Admin
Admin
Peregrin Took

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last film the above user watched.   Rate the last film the above user watched. - Page 12 EmptyFri Mar 20, 2020 1:35 am

God, no! Two actors I go out of my way to avoid.

The French Connection
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rate the last film the above user watched.   Rate the last film the above user watched. - Page 12 Empty

Back to top Go down

Rate the last film the above user watched.
Page 12 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next